Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Beginning

     I have always said that the only way to heal from Abuse is to share your experience with others.  I have had many chances to do this on a one on one basis but to share my experiences publicly took me by surprise  It's funny how the universe will send you people in need to help them or just give a little hope that there can be a better life out there, and that you don't have to stay helpless and alone.
.     I recently was at the right place and at the right time to see a young mother of two being hit by her Abuser.  After much pleading with her to call the police ( I will explain to you why the victim doesn't always do that later) I was able to get her alone and talk with her about her situation.  We were not able to get her into a shelter at that time since NO shelters were available so I had them spend the night with me...Yes, a complete stranger!!!   I had so many friends tell me I was stupid and I shouldn't get involved...Are they crazy..Of course I would get involved..I wouldn't be where I am today if someone didn't help me..When I finally asked of course.    Anyway, I have been thinking about my past a lot lately after helping her and its why I decided to finally write.
     I never thought in a million years that I would be "one of them people"..I say that because there are so many people out there that really think it couldn't happen to them..Me being one of them..
I did grow up in an abusive home..not even realizing it..My mom being bi-polar, I think.  Never having a balanced life always either really up and happy or really sad and angry. 
     It wasn't until my second marriage that I met "him"..He was charming and handsome and seemed to really love me, in his own way..Oh, there were many flags that I should of payed attention to but no, I didn't..I wanted so much for someone to love me...  
       Oh wow look at the time...I need to head to work...I will write later..stay tuned..
OK, I'm back....I was trying to figure out how I wanted to share all of this..I have decided to just be me, so my story won't be in any order at all...lol.  
     So a little bit about me now.  I'm a mother of 4 wonderful adults. 2 boys and 2 girls..the 3 oldest will remember a lot of what I well tell you. My youngest son was adopted at a time in my life where I was completely away from the abuser.  I have 6 grandchildren now, which is one of the greatest gifts apart from having my kids.  I became a Hairdresser at the age of 20 and I can't believe that my career has stayed intact throughout the most insane roller coaster of a life. I like roller coasters but not the ones that turn your  stomach inside out.  I can truly say that the only stress I have in my life now is trying to pay bills on time and helping to make sure my family is happy and healthy.  It has been 20 years since I have taken my life back..I spent 7 years in an Abusive relationship..6 years, 364 days too long.  My 2 oldest kids were by my first husband, who by the way wasn't abusive. My 3rd child was by my second husband and the daughter of "Him"..Later I married yet a 3rd time and adopted a 2 yr old little boy. My 3rd husband wasn't an abuser either.  

No comments:

Post a Comment